What Hairstyles and Hair Color Suit You BestAlthough it may seem that each aspect of your appearance is separated from the others, the truth is that they all create a total, an overall look consisting of details that must blend into the perfect image. For example, when you decide to change the way your hair looks, you have to take into account your complexion and the shape of your face. Here is a guide that can help you choose the best hairstyle according to your face shape and the hair color that suits you best depending on your skin tone.
Hairstyles according to the shape of your face
- For a round face, opt for layers to create a combination of lengths that will help you make your face look longer. Get a side bangs to cover half of your face, style the hair in a ponytail or opt for a layered bob with a side part and bangs.
- If you have an oval face, you must look for a hairstyle that will cover your forehead and make the face look rounder, so you can opt for bangs or a middle part that beach waves. You can also cut your hair short in a bob as long as you keep the forehead partially or fully covered.
- If your face is square-shaped, opt for hairstyles that will cover your chin, regardless the length of the hair. You can opt for straight and long, or you can create layers that you can style using a big round brush, or you can go for a stylish bob with the ends pointed towards your chin.
Hair colors according to your skin tone
- If you have light skin, you will look great with several shades of blonde that will enhance the light complexion and you can even opt for chocolate browns, caramels or light reds. Light skin tone is the most demanding and you must be very careful not to go too far from your natural color, otherwise the overall aspect will be damaged.
- If your skin tone is medium, you can choose almost any color because your skin tone is the easiest to match. You can opt for blonde, brown, red, mauve, and black, and you can even play with colors. Highlights are also a good way to add texture to the hair, in case you opt for a dark color.
- If you have dark skin, you should opt for black, blue-black, dark browns like chocolate and chestnut, and dark reds that will match the tanned tone of your skin. Avoid light blondes that will make you look unnatural and if you want to be bold you can insert highlights in a lighter shade among your dark hair.