What document translations do you need for family immigration?You don’t need to look up immigration statistics to know that more and more families are coming to the UK. People are attracted by the idea of living a better life and, consequently, they move abroad. Britain’s migrants include people from Spain, Portugal, China, Germany, just to name a few. What about you? Are you thinking about moving your family abroad? If yes, then you’ll be needing a residence permit. When applying for family immigration, it’s necessary to submit some paperwork. All the documents that you submit must contain a complete translation into English. This is the complete list of document translations that you’ll need for the immigration case.
The kinds of document translations required for family immigrationTo get your residency or citizenship, you will have to translate certain forms of written communication that are relevant to the case. Attention needs to be paid to the fact that you must show the paperwork in its original form as well. The list of documents includes:
- Passport (plus a copy of all the used pages) – a translation of this personal legal document involves the biographic information page, picture page, and the Visa page.
- Birth certificate – the certified translation must include the name, signature, domicile, and date of certification. The best translation companies know that.
- Family register/Family book
Documentation on the relationship
- Marriage certificate – the marriage certificate was issued in another country, meaning that it needs a translation. If the wedding was held abroad but the document is not in the language of the receiving country, the same rule applies.
- Certificates and passports of children.
- Letter from the business confirming the employment – the confirmation must specify the duration of the employment and its scope.
- Tax returns – offer evidence that you have met your tax obligations for at least 1 year.
- Academic records – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent paperwork.