5 Simple Ways to Prevent Pollution at HomePeople tend to forget that the indoors are as dangerous and polluted as the outdoors. The water we drink in our homes, the air we breathe, they aren’t clean and may cause health complications if dangerous contaminants are present. Read the following lines and protect yourself and your family by preventing pollution at home in 5 simple ways.
1. Purify the air you breathePurify the air you breathe by using an air purifier in all the rooms of your house. This device removes contaminants from the air in the room and it’s good for asthmatics and people who have allergies. Air contaminants that are found in common homes like:
- Mold Spores
- Dust Mite Feces
- Pet Dander
2. Filter the water you drinkTap water can have over 2100 contaminants and bottled water isn’t a bright solution because it’s just as harmful as tap water. The only viable solution is to get a water filter for your home and prevent getting a nasty health problem after drinking a glass of water. There are a variety of water filters to choose from, the types of water filters for home use being countertop filters, carafe filters, faucet mounted filters, reverse osmosis filters and whole-house filters. For more information on the pros and cons of different filtration methods, visit the www.myhomewaterfilter.com website, where you will find quality reviews of different types of filters. The filters have varying price ranges, making them affordable for all people.
3. Soundproof your homeNoise pollution is usually ignored, but the truth is that it makes us stressed, anxious and because of these states it sets you on, it can even cause depressions. We can’t avoid noise pollution when we are outside of our homes, but the situation when we’re indoors can be easily changed. There are many ways to soundproof your home and create a peaceful environment that you can truly relax in. Some of these soundproofing techniques are:
- Move loud machines and appliances in separate rooms
- Keep the doors closed where they are
- Install better windows and seal the window frames
- If you have noisy next door neighbors place big pieces of furniture like bookshelves against the walls that are causing the problem in the first place
4. Keep a healthy level of humidityDuring hot weather, the humidity level increases and we all know that mold and dust mites love this environment. Keep the humidity in the room at a healthy level of 30-50% by installing a dehumidifier. If the humidity is high throughout the entire house, consider a big 70 pint dehumidifier, which should handle large areas. The reason why you should purchase this item is because:
- Viruses and bacteria thrive in such conditions
- You will suffer from physical discomforts
- The walls and ceilings will get damged